Studio Info and Policies
Information and Policies
Updated August 2023.*
- My studio exclusively offers lessons on a per semester basis.
- COVID-19 policy and protocols and Online Lesson terms (subject to change):
- I offer in-person lessons and online lessons. I can help you decide which method may be best if you’re not sure. Learn what to expect when you study flute with me online via Zoom.
- When you register, you'll be asked to select your default lesson preference for the entire semester: Online or In-Person. You can change this from week to week, but you must provide me with 48 hours notice, or I may not be able to honor your request.
- These requirements below apply for the student and for any parent or guardian attending an in-person lesson.
- Vaccine Requirement: For all in-person lessons, students must be fully vaccinated if a vaccine has been approved for their age range.
- You must provide me with a scan or photo of your vaccine card indicating you are fully vaccinated including booster if your age allows it.
- All immediate family members of age who live with the student must also be fully vaccinated. This includes parents, regardless of whether they attend lessons in person with their child or not.
- Negative Test Requirement: No antigen tests for in-person lessons are required until further notice. Due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic and the spread of new variants, I will keep you up to date on whether or when this policy might change.
- If for any reason, a student has a sore throat, runny nose, or a fever, your lessons will be moved online until the student is fully recovered, and it is safe to meet again in-person.
- In-Studio Mask Policy: All students and parents are NOT expected to wear a mask (N95, KN95, KF94) while inside my home and studio, regardless of vaccination status untill further notice.
- During lessons, students may take off their mask. To the greatest extent possible, I will encourage social distancing of 3 feet between myself and your child. Hand Sanitizer will be available and recommended for everyone as they enter my studio.
- Observed Studio Holidays
I do not schedule or teach any lessons on Observed Studio Holidays.
Enjoy your time off!
- US Federal Holidays: (Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day)
- (2) weeks during your school's vacation as follows:
- (1) week in February and (1) week in April—for public schools
- View the BFL 2022-2023 semester dates
- Missed Lesson Policy (Student Cancellation)
Missed lessons due to a student's absence will not be made-up, unless the student has purchased a package that offers some rescheduling flexibility. You are required to contact me ASAP if a lesson will be missed, regardless of which package you have.
- Recognized Religious Holidays
- If absence is due to a generally recognized religious holiday, a make-up lesson will be arranged, however I must be informed in writing of the absence at least (2) weeks prior to the lesson date that conflicts. If the absence is not communicated accordingly, the conflicting lesson will not be made up.
- Teacher Absence due to Performance:
- I perform concerts frequently during the year. If my performance schedule conflicts with a scheduled lesson, a make-up will be scheduled within the same week at a mutually-agreeable date and time.
- If a student misses the rescheduled lesson, it will not be made up.
- Snow Closure
Snow closure make-up lessons will be moved to a different day of the week.
- Lessons via ZOOM (online) are available during snow closure days, if a student is not able to reschedule a lesson to a different day in the same week.
- If a student misses the rescheduled lessons, it will not be made up.
- Summer Lessons
- Summer lessons will be scheduled with me before the summer semester begins. Once the times and dates for your summer lessons are set, if a lesson is missed by the student, it will not be made up unless the student has purchased a package that includes scheduling flexibility.
Studio Rules and Etiquette
- Please make every effort to arrive on time for your lessons and classes. Time lost due to tardiness will not be made-up.
- Students are expected to be respectful, timely, and well-behaved. Students who cannot conduct themselves in an appropriate manner will be asked to leave the lesson with no refund.
- Students must be prepared with all instruments and materials for each lesson.
- No food, gum or candy are allowed at any lessons.
- Cell phones are also not allowed to be used or visible during lessons, unless the phone is used for audio recording purposes. The phone must be fully silenced as well.
- Students are expected to be respectful to themselves, fellow students (e.g. group classes, masterclasses, and recitals), and to me.
- Parents: Parents are welcome to sit in on lessons, however they are not required to. The studio is an educational environment just like a school classroom; please treat it as such.
* Updates to Studio Policies
My policies and rules are subject to change without notice. If you have questions about this, please contact me.
Boston Flute Lessons will never willfully disclose individually identifiable information about it's customers to any third party without first receiving that customer's permission:
Boston Flute Lessons has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate my commitment to privacy. The following discloses my information gathering and dissemination practices for the Web and my customers and viewers.
Boston Flute Lessons may use services such as Mailchimp, Hubspot, Google Analytics, Convertkit and other technologies to track signups to email lists and other events that occur on the company’s website.
Boston Flute Lessons believes that strong electronic privacy is crucial for the ongoing success of the Internet as a service, commercial, and entertainment medium. To this end, unless you designate otherwise, the information you enter through my website will be known to only two parties: You and Boston Flute Lessons.
You may change the status of whether you wish to receive Boston Flute Lessons newsletters at any time. Email me with any questions