Fall & Spring 2020-2021 Flute Lessons
Registration for Fall Semester is Now Open
To get your preferred date and time for lessons, sign up before September 6, 2020. I give scheduling preference on a first-come, first-served basis. All lessons are taught online via Zoom conferencing software.
These apply to all packages below:
- 17 weeks of 1-hour online lessons per semester. All lessons must be scheduled by the start of the new semester.
- Specialized attention based on particular student needs: I focus on all aspects of musicianship and help each student to develop their personal skills such as self-confidence, efficient practice, time management, self-motivation, discipline, making commitments, setting goals, developing patience, and approaching music and life with a positive attitude.
- Includes participation in the BFL studio Masterclass, End-of-Semester Recital, Dress Rehearsal, with no additional fees (e.g. accompanist fee, venue rental, etc.)
- Weekly detailed assignments on what each students should be practicing. The lesson notes (assignments) are sent to a parent via email, so each parent and student can see their weekly progress.
- Each student will receive a summary of their semester progress.
- Unlimited access to me between lessons via email or phone to respond to questions about repertoire, flute playing, encouraging practicing, buying a new flute, etc.
- A 15-minute Zoom session with me prior to your very first lesson where we configure the audio settings in Zoom to ensure your lessons will sound good
- Flute maintenance tips and referrals to my personal flute technicians.
- 100% money-back guarantee for new students: If at any time during the first two lessons you are not totally satisfied with the lessons, I will refund 100% of the total price of this package with no questions asked.
"Ela is a fabulous teacher! My daughter had Ela since her 3rd grade until she graduated from high school. I believe Ela was a big reason she could continue with flute lessons despite of busy schedule of sports and school work. Highly recommended.”
Fall: Sep 8, 2020–Jan 23, 2021
However, there are no lessons:
- Nov 23–28, 2020
- Dec 21, 2020–Jan 2, 2021
Spring: Jan 25, 2021–Jun 12, 2021
However, there are no lessons:
- Feb 15–Feb 20, 2021
- Apr 19–Apr 24, 2021
Registration is Now Open
Ends September 6, 2020!
To get your preferred date and time for lessons, sign up early. I give scheduling preference on a first-come, first-served basis.
- My full service option for the busiest families. Get all the benefits of my Flex-Time package plus:
- Maintenance and Repairs: The cost and handling of any routine flute maintenance1 and standard repairs2 is included. You will not have to drive anywhere, pick-up, ship, or deal with the repair in any way. All repairs will be done by professional technicians under my guidance.
- I will provide a loaner flute during your repairs and maintenance (includes drop-off and pick-up).
- Any sheet music I require of your child is included for the semester (no extra costs or need to order anything).
- Unlimited rescheduling of lessons (excluding no-shows)
- 1Maintenance includes "clean, oil, and adjust"—an industry standard for flutes.
- 2Standard repairs include pad replacements, cork replacements, and key adjustments, but excludes all other repairs, accidental or otherwise.
- Is your child involved in multiple activities including sports, ballet, dance, theatre, arts, etc.?
- Does your family need the flexibility to occasionally reschedule a lesson to stay involved with another activity that is important to your child?
- Do you have an inflexible or irregular work schedule that demands flexibility?
- This package includes all the benefits of my Standard Package plus the ability to reschedule up to 4 missed lessons per semester. The only restriction is that you must provide me with at least 12 hours advance notification that you will need to miss a lesson, otherwise, it will not be made up.
- Make-up lessons will be rescheduled at a mutually agreeable time.
- This package is subject to the BFL Studio Info & Policies.
- All the General Benefits listed at the top of this page.
- 17 Weeks of 1-hour lessons per semester.
- Upgrade any time to Flex Time Package.
- Please note: I do not make up missed lessons with this package, which is subject to the terms specified in the the BFL Studio Info & Policies.
Additional Forms of Payment
When you register for a semester package, you will be able to pay with credit or debit card (via PayPal). If you wish to pay by check, please email email@example.com and I will send you an invoice with payment instructions.