Fall 2023 Flute Lessons
Registration for Fall 2023 is now open
To get your preferred date and time for lessons, sign up by Sep. 4, 2023. However, I give scheduling preference on a first-come, first-served basis and the most desirable lesson times are usually filled by Aug. 31st each year. All lessons are taught in-person, online (via Zoom conferencing software), or hybrid style.
These apply to all packages below:
- 17 weeks of 1-hour online lessons per semester. All lessons must be scheduled by the start of the new semester.
- Lessons are either Online or In-Person with flexibility to switch from week to week.
- Specialized attention based on particular student needs: I focus on all aspects of musicianship and help each student to develop their personal skills such as self-confidence, efficient practice, time management, self-motivation, discipline, making commitments, setting goals, developing patience, and approaching music and life with a positive attitude.
- Includes participation in the BFL studio Masterclass, End-of-Semester Recital, Dress Rehearsal, with no additional fees (e.g. accompanist fee, venue rental, etc.)
- Weekly detailed assignments on what each students should be practicing. The lesson notes (assignments) are sent to a parent via email, so each parent and student can see their weekly progress.
- Unlimited access to me between lessons via email or phone to respond to questions about repertoire, flute playing, encouraging practicing, buying a new flute, etc.
- Monthly Parent-Teacher Check-in for Parents. 15 min calls around lunch time to check on your child's progress.
- For online lessons, a 15-minute Zoom session with me prior to your very first lesson where we configure the audio settings in Zoom to ensure your lessons will sound good
- Flute maintenance tips and referrals to my personal flute technicians.
- 100% money-back guarantee
"Ela is a fabulous teacher! My daughter had Ela since her 3rd grade until she graduated from high school. I believe Ela was a big reason she could continue with flute lessons despite of busy schedule of sports and school work. Highly recommended.”
Fall: Sep. 5, 2023 – Jan. 21, 2024
However, there are no lessons:
- Nov. 20–26, 2023
- Dec. 20–Jan. 2, 2024
- All the General Benefits listed at the top of this page.
- 17 Weeks of 1-hour lessons per semester.
- Take lessons Online or In-Person, with flexibility to change week to week with advance notice (see Studio Policies below)
- Upgrade any time to Flex Time Package.
- Please note: I do not make up missed lessons with this package, which is subject to the terms specified in the the BFL Studio Info & Policies.
- Is your child involved in multiple activities including sports, ballet, dance, theatre, arts, etc.?
- Does your family need the flexibility to occasionally reschedule a lesson to stay involved with another activity that is important to your child?
- Do you have an inflexible or irregular work schedule that demands flexibility?
- This package includes all the benefits of my Standard Package plus the ability to reschedule up to 5 missed lessons per semester. The only restriction is that you must provide me with at least 12 hours advance notification that you will need to miss a lesson, otherwise, it will not be made up.
- Make-up lessons will be rescheduled at a mutually agreeable time.
- Is your child not confident with the flute at all—and you’re concerned they might quit?
- Have you tried multiple teachers without seeing your child make much, if any, progress?
- Do they feel like the worst flutist in the school band?
- With my Confidence+ package, get everything in Flex-Time plus, I guarantee that during the semester your child will:
- …not quit the flute because “it’s too hard”
- …show improvement that you’ll be able to see/hear by the end of the semester
- …have the confidence to perform at the end of year recital
- This package also includes unlimited rescheduling of missed lessons and all sheet music they may require. Your child must also commit to the daily practice I assign and attend all lessons. After four lessons, if I do not feel like I can guarantee the results above, I will inform you so you can either downgrade or get a full refund.
- This package extends my 100% Money-Back Guarantee: if you don’t see the results above by the end of the semester recital, just notify me, and I’ll refund your money in any amount up to 100% of the package price.
100% Money-Back Guarantee
I offer a 100% money-back guarantee for new students: If at any time during the first (2) lessons you are not totally satisfied with the lessons, I will refund 100% of your money with no questions asked. I will also refund your money 100% if, after registering, you are unable to find lesson days and times in your schedule that work with my studio availability.
Terms and Policies for All Packages
Unless otherwise specified on this page, all packages are subject to the BFL Studio Info & Policies
Additional Forms of Payment
When you register for a semester package, you will be able to pay with credit or debit card (via PayPal). If you wish to pay by check, please email email@example.com and I will send you an invoice with payment instructions.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org