2022 Fall Beginning Flute (Group Class)
Are you unsure if your child is ready to commit to private flute lessons?
My group classes are an excellent first step at exploring whether your child is ready to invest in flute study. In just one semester, you’ll know whether your child (from ages 8–12) is ready to commit.
Group Flute Lessons for Beginners
If you know your child loves music, the flute is one of the perfect instruments for young children to learn. The online flute group lessons will provide a fun way to learn the flute in a group setting.
Students will receive one-on-one attention in class. It is optional for you (parents) to attend the class with their child. You may observe or actively participate in the class if you wish. By the end of the semester, students will acquire a strong basic foundation in the flute, and they will be able to play several simple songs. Students will learn how to practice and see why practice is so important to progress. At the end of term, the students in the class will perform one or more of these pieces: “Mary Had a Little Lamb,” “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.” After taking this class, your child will be ready to study with me privately or with another flute teacher, should you like to continue.
About Dr. Ela Brandys-O'Neill & My Specialization
My name is Ela, and I am a Boston-based flute instructor who offers specialized flute instruction to children 8-12 years of age, currently 100% online. Learn more about me and my teaching philsophy.
Over a five year period my development was substantial…Ela genuinely cares about her students.
"I liked that Ela always challenged me to be a better flutist. I would often arrive to our lessons with a mindset that I couldn't play a certain piece. However, Ela always told me that I WOULD do it and that challenged me and definitely made me a better flutist. It is one of the things I appreciate the most about her teaching. Over a five year period my development was substantial: when I started in 6th grade I knew two notes and now recently I have played Andante et Scherzo by Louis Ganne and Fantasy by Gabriel Faure. When I started lessons, I hated sight reading. Over time Ela, somehow, actually taught me to love sight reading! I highly recommend Ela! She genuinely cares a lot about her students and their progress. Ela is an excellent and compassionate teacher."
- 17 weeks of 1-hour in-person lessons per semester. The class will meet on Wednesday at 4pm–5pm (ages: 8–10), and 5:15–6:15pm (ages: 10–12)
- Welcome Kit: Each student will receive a welcome kit with the required flute book we use as well as flute tools that help with making the sound, breathing correctly, etc.
- What the students will cover: We will cover basic flute technique, starting with the fundamentals of posture, correct breathing control, tone production, holding the flute, anatomy of the flute, and how to care for your child’s instrument. In addition, we will cover personal skills development including self-confidence, self-motivation, discipline, making commitments, setting goals, developing patience, and approaching music and life with a positive attitude.
- Online music theory access: each students will become sufficient in counting rhythm, knowing musical terms, and note reading by completing weekly online music theory exercises
- Includes participation in the BFL studio Masterclass, End-of-Semester Recital, and the Recital Dress Rehearsal,
- Weekly homework: I will be sending notes on what students should be practicing. The lesson notes (assignments) are sent to a parent via email, so each parent and student can see their weekly progress.
- End of semester evaluation: Each student will receive a summary of their semester progress and my recommendation whether they are ready for one on one private lessons with me
- Placement evaluation call: A 15-minute Zoom call with me prior to your very first lesson where we evaluate which flute your child will need (curved and straight headjoint)
- 100% money-back guarantee - see below for details
"Ela is a fabulous teacher! My daughter had Ela since her 3rd grade until she graduated from high school. I believe Ela was a big reason she could continue with flute lessons despite of busy schedule of sports and school work. Highly recommended.”
- For children ages 8–10 and 10-12
- One semester of 17 week
- Duration: 60min.
- Min. Class Size: 2 (Maximum: 4)
- The fee includes a welcome box with a book.
- It does not include a flute rental, but see Flute Rental Info for more details.
Fall: Sep. 6, 2022 – January 22, 2023
However, there are no lessons on:
- November 21 – 27, 2022
- December 19, 2022 – January 2, 2023
Register Now for Fall 2022
Registration Ends August 24, 2022!
Please note: I do not make up missed lessons with this package, which is subject to the terms specified in the the BFL Studio Info & Policies. If you need scheduling flexibility, you would need to upgrade to a private flute lesson package that offers flex-time.
Additional Forms of Payment
When you register for a semester package, you will be able to pay with credit or debit card (via PayPal). If you wish to pay by check, please email email@example.com and I will send you an invoice with payment instructions.
100% Money-Back Guarantee
I offer a full, money-back guarantee for new students: If at any time during the first two lessons you are not totally satisfied with the group lessons, I will refund 100% of the total price of this package with no questions asked.