Summer Flute Camp in Boston for Ages 8-12
June 22–26, 2020
The Only Summer Boston Flute Camp
Specifically for Children 8–12 in Grades 3-6
Boston Flute Camp is a one week long day camp specifically for flute students ages 8-12 (grades 3–6). The camp is limited in size and will be an educational and enriching experience filled with fun flute activities that go beyond traditional lesson instruction including:
- A field trip to one of the Boston Flute Companies to learn how flutes are made
- Workshops focusing on specific topics such as proper warm-ups, expanding breathing, developing faster and precise technique, and how to play with beautiful phrasing
- Chamber music opportunities such as flute choir, quartets, trios, and duos
- A chance to explore and play flute family instruments, such as: piccolo, alto flute, and bass flute.
- A closing recital where all students perform for each other
My goal for this camp is for kids to have a more relaxed, social, "summer" style learning experience with the flute as we work on improving their musicianship. Students will learn to improve their breathing, tone, articulation, intonation, vibrato, technique, stage presence, practice habits, performance tips, confidence, working with an accompanist, play with precise rhythm, and much more!
If you're the student, it is time to learn, explore, meet flutists of your age, and have fun. If you're the parent, I am hoping this a great way for your child to have an educational, but fun 2019 summer experience centered around music and the flute.
This camp has been designed specifically for flute students ages 8–12. Students of all proficiencies are eligible to participate, however students should have about one year of flute playing experience to join. If you are not sure about your child's readiness for the camp, please email me at email@example.com. You do not need to be a current private studio student to participate in this summer program.